Monday, August 23, 2010

Halo 3: Live Blargin'

I'm currently reviewing some videos. I should make a point that in servers like Jiggly's Fun House for TF2 where sounds are frequently used, there IS an option to turn those sounds off.

The following are all on Halo 3: Team Slayer. I'm engaging in a normal conversation throughout each of these games with someone else. While I may not be verbally telling people my gender, its easy to pick up from my voice, gamertag (SPARTANphelixia) and the gender set of my character.

First Halo game, had a very excitable man on my team! His first day off from the Army, and he was was playing a sci-fi military shooter. Regardless, this man was very polite, communicated and worked like a team. We had a brief discussion and commenced with gameplay. We were shorthanded a player, and yet almost won.

Holy shit. Talking to someone online, and someone just yelled "NOBODY GIVES A SHIIIIIIIIIT". O_o God, I hope my laptop picked up on that. ...I was just playing a match with a friend, speaking with him and answering a couple of questions about the project. Towards the end of the match, this man screams at me to shut up. He only said one thing, then removed his headset. I have been talking and engaging in a regular, normal conversation with someone through XBL.

This most recent game, this person must've been on crack. He was screaming nonstop into the microphone, began to blame everyone else when we started to lose, when he himself was the weakest link on the team. Whoa, surprise? A little infuriating though. Honestly, its very hard to play a game like this when you jump in. You need some thick skin to pull of some of this nonsense. Another option quite viable to players: the mute option. My friend had to mute said player in order to tolerate gameplay.

[Before game]
"Ready to fucking rape these kids?"
[After game, directed towards me and one more]
"You're terrible. Just kidding! But you're not very good"
"Wow, our teammates are terrible. You are so lucky [you're on our team]."
That's all that needs to be said about this last game.

Wow, a quiet game. I thought this night was destined to keep outmatching the person before them.

Another game, not a peep from anyone. Whoa. It's almost... unexpected.

Last game in Team Slayer, 4v1, so I dropped out.

Commencing one game in Social Slayer:

I don't think some of these people realize that they're not in the army.
A close game, not bad at all. Pretty decent people.

No comments:

Post a Comment